Wednesday, October 14, 2020

First Week (Week 4 Hudson email)

 Hello yall, today officially Marks my first week in the mission field, and what a week it has been. The first parts of the week were some of the toughest times of my life so far. It's a lot to be moved out of home and thrust all the way across the nation. My time has greatly improved since then and it started on Sunday. Sunday I was able to call home and see my family and that was huge for me, I think seeing and hearing them made it all kind of click what was actually going on. So I started feeling better sunday afternoon and then sunday night I experienced my first southern sunday night dinner. My oh my was that an experience it was. We ate in the cheatwoods wedding barn, idk what it's called but they hold weddings there all the time, its beautiful. But we ate in the barn and had all of their family there and discussed all kinds of stories. Possum kicking was the prevailing story however and I've now learned to become a true tennessean you must kick a possum, and I now have a singular goal in mind. Going to their family dinner reminded me a lot about our family gatherings, with just a southern twist. It was a great experience, between that and a few other lessons I've mostly just been inside cold calling which has been extremely tough, but I'm adapting to it and it gets better everyday. My companion is elder French, we have our differences but in the last couple days especially we've moved past them and we're getting closer which is nice. Especially if hes the only one I'm seeing all day, and hes hooked me up with some killer mission music, which is a blessing. I didnt realize how much I needed music in my life, but I do now. My district is filled with some pretty cool people too. We have a meeting and an accompanying lunch every monday. They were all very interested in my summer mustache, especially the sisters....... they just had to see a picture hahaha, what can I say🤷‍♂️. That about wraps it up for this week, if anyone has any advice on possum kicking I would appreciate it.

Love y'all ❤

1. Cheatwoods barn
2. Elder French 
3. High class beverage (shoutout kori and Aguirre)
4. Disgusting specimen of southern ingenuity 
5. Sexy Squidward






No comments: