BREAKING NEWS: ELDER NELSON AGREES TO 15 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT WITH DENVER BRONCOS.
So, that headline is pretty self explanatory right? I guess they got ahold of my possum kicking clip and they decided now was the time to let Brandon McManus go. You heard me right, that's not a typo my POSSUM KICKING clip. As we were rolling out of the Cheatwoods sunday dinner, I spotted the varmint. As i fumbled for the door handle, I was trying to turn on my phone flashlight as well. Around 6 o'clock now, Tennessee gets pitch black, because of the sheer amount of vegetation, it blocks all light. As I finally got out of the car with my light on, the possum took off into the trees and into the field right next too the road. Me being the Alpha-Male I am, quickly pursued. Unfortunately the field was knee high in vegetation and I quickly lost of him. But I could easily hear him even over my own thunderous footsteps. I continued to chase him in the dark until he ran out to the road. When I finally brook out of the field. He was standing in the road taunting me, begging to be kicked. I I politely obliged and took off after him again. He ran to the other side of the road and as I took my first kick my foot slide off the road into the Barrow pit. Luckily the top of my foot was just able to nick him and push him into some downed branches that slowed him up. I was able to reset my footing and deliver a kick that would make Sebastian Janikowski quiver in fear. The possum ascended majestically too face level, I was praying he wouldn't actually hit my face. He luckily didn't and he quickly fell back down to earth as if God had thrusted him out of heaven. Are possums the devil? Possibly? Brother Hamilton told me minutes before I saw the possum that if I really wanted to find one, I just had to find a bloated cow, kick it, and 6 would come out of its butt... that sounds pretty devilish to me. Regardless I kicked the possum, cemented myself as a Tennessean, and then cleaned my boot with pine sol, I still haven't touched it.
Lessons have been going slow unfortunately, but we have
received a ton of referrals and yesterday on facebook I got a lot of really
positive responses in my conversations! Unfortunately I got a lot of negative
ones as well.. but some of the responses might have been a little too good... a
girl asked for my number after I had already told her I was a missionary twice!
I guess I'm relying on Chapter 14 of PMG a little too hard. That same girl
though was super responsive about lessons and attending church. Hopefully I can
curb ALL of her enthusiasm to learning the restored gospel of Jesus
Christ!
We had President interviews this last monday, nothing super
exciting went down. I ate at a place called bishop's and got some hot chicken.
That was some pretty good stuff👌. Speaking of food,
saturday I got to go eat at a restaurant called square forty. I guess it's a
stop for a lot of Congressman on their campaign circuit. I think marilyn monroe
ate their as well. It was cool we ate with some old guys from our ward and an
old Methodist pastor. He has a ton of theological books on the Book of Mormon.
He won't say if it's true or false, he just says that if he joins the church
his wife will divorce him.
Minecraft steve searching his chest
Where I got my lunch today, super cajun









No comments:
Post a Comment