Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Week 7 (Hudson Email)

Hey y'all hope it's been going well. This has been a little bit of a slow week honestly. Last friday we had our ward halloween party at the cheatwoods and that was a lot of fun. There was a super cute little kid dressed up as spiderman and he was fighting us the whole time. The more time I'm spending with the ward and with the kids, it just reminds me so much of my family and my little cousins. Except for in this case they all have a drawl and long hair. I had a guy named josh we are teaching tell me my hair was super nice (shoutout aunt maddy). He also said he's never seen the style before, which is crazy cause it's one of the most basic styles. But it's true around here, everyone is either bald or has a ponytail. Brother Sagele is our first counselor, he has a massive beard and a ponytail that extends halfway down his back. He's a super cool dude though, hes contracted by the air force and designs defense systems. He's the one who is super into games and roleplaying stuff. 

Yesterday with the election we had to be in at 5, and there was a concern that we wouldnt be able to be out and about today as well. But, we got the go ahead this morning so hopefully no riots break out. I'm going back to that record store this morning and then hopefully we can get some fishing done a little later. Also as of lately I've tried to limit my milk intake to one gallon a week. In doing that I learned you can't tame the beast 

We had zone conference this monday and that was super nice. It was all in person and I was able to meet some more missionaries. We went and stayed with the east Dickson elders the sunday night before and it was a lot of fun, we might have stayed up a little late... oops. I met elder asay there, he came out the transfer before me and I hope we got comped up at some point, hes definitely a fellow lineman. I was bummed about zone conference though cause I thought it would be in Nashville, but it was actually 15 minutes short of Nashville. I've been here a full month and I still haven't even seen music city! 

We've had a rough week as far as teaching, Josh was planning on going to church but he never showed, and then we havent been able to contact him. A bunch of other people have just stopped answering our phone calls as well. Teachings a little rough. But elena is back on lessons and shes understanding a lot more. We did the plan of salvation lesson and she recently had a lot of people die and I think it went really well. We have a dinner appointment with doyce (kachinga) and a few more soft people, like one guy we called last night was actually super excited, kinda different, kinda nice. 

 1. Picture from sageles

(Claire Bear)

2. Growey bois in east Dickson 

No comments: