Note to self...When your child brings home a large flexible paper requesting you to GLUE 100 objects on it. Don't follow the directions. School has been in session for 100 days. Explanation for Hudson's stylish glasses. Hudson was sent home an assignment to make a poster for the 100 days. I was skeptical that gluing things on would stay, especially after the hour bus ride to school. I, however, helped him glue 100 pieces of red dyed rice to the paper, folded it as neatly as possible and then sending a baggy with extra grains just in case. Well, when he got to school most of the grains had fallen off. He couldn't find the bag with the extra pieces, I must have hidden it in the bottom of the backpack(yes it is always mom's fault even though they were right ther when I opened the backpack). He tried to glue the grains he could find back on. Without a complete 100 hundred count. What a mess, next time I will go against the instructions and let him stamp 100 pictures on it. I guess you have to live and learn.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Not A Good Idea...
Note to self...When your child brings home a large flexible paper requesting you to GLUE 100 objects on it. Don't follow the directions. School has been in session for 100 days. Explanation for Hudson's stylish glasses. Hudson was sent home an assignment to make a poster for the 100 days. I was skeptical that gluing things on would stay, especially after the hour bus ride to school. I, however, helped him glue 100 pieces of red dyed rice to the paper, folded it as neatly as possible and then sending a baggy with extra grains just in case. Well, when he got to school most of the grains had fallen off. He couldn't find the bag with the extra pieces, I must have hidden it in the bottom of the backpack(yes it is always mom's fault even though they were right ther when I opened the backpack). He tried to glue the grains he could find back on. Without a complete 100 hundred count. What a mess, next time I will go against the instructions and let him stamp 100 pictures on it. I guess you have to live and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't you love learning with the first kid! We have a similar project due next week! We haven't decided what we are doing yet...but will learn from your project :)
Post a Comment