Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can It Really Be Over???

Well, we made it. Our cruise was very enjoyable. I could have done with less airplane time and more cruising, but you do what you must to get to the tropical islands. I am most excited that I have something new to blog about. Those of you who read my blog know that it is usually about my kids. I love bragging them up, but it is nice to have grown up time as well. The worst part was leaving Ellie. Every little kid I saw made me think of her and how much I should be home with her. My mothers said that she woke up every night asking for me. Talk about a heart breaker, but in the end we are all happy with the vacation outcome. The kids got some sleepovers and Mitch and I got some ALONE time. We visited three of the 100 islands that are included in the Bahamas. It was all I had imagined and more. The best part was walking barefoot in the sand. This is nothing like swimming at Glendale! No rocks, broken bottles, or driftwood to maneuver around. There was plenty of sunshine, sand and water as far as the eye could see. On our last night there was a huge moon that was shining on the sea as we were in the middle of no where, wow, it was literally breathtaking. I highly recommend a vacation to all of you who are burnt out. The biggest bummer was waking up to six inches of SNOW this morning. I guess it is back to the real world. Our "housekeeper" went a step further and included a pair of sunglasses on the funny towel creations.

7 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

yay look at you all on top of the pictures............what fun you guys had!! i has thinking of you this whole time hoping that you were having the time of your lives...it seemed to go by WAY fast....probably for you also. next time you must go farther down (means warmer and longer). I loved looking at all of the pictures, makes me miss out cruise, if aaron had his way....we would be there right now for our anniversary. you guys sure looked great in all of the pics....i don't know who that young guy is by your side!! hee hee he sure looks sharp!!! well hope to hear about all of the stories and the advertures here soon!! yay

kaTie said...

ohhhhh. ahhhhh. i am sooo jealous. i would love sunshine and sand right now i'd just have to talk cody into it. he wants fishing in alaska (not much of a water person - fishing, yes, swimming, no) for me - - - i am a sun worshipper. i'm sure i'll pay the price in my later years, but ahhh, live it up, right? i love all your pictures!!!

Kacy said...

Molly love the pictures looks like a great time. I can't believe it looks like you guys had some alone time there's nobody else in your pics, did they just let you go wherever you wanted to? That's great love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I want to be on a tropical island so BAD!!!! Keith and I went on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago. It was awesome! I miss it so much! Wow you look like you had a great time. It is so hard to come back to reality. Way to go!

The Rashall Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I am jealous. Hope you had a blast.

The Hokansons said...

I am so glad you guys had a fun time! Good for you guys! I love all of your recent posts!

The Strawn Family said...

Looks like fun! I am jealous. I always thought I would want to take my whole family on vacation but now I am starting to realize that it might not be considered a vacation :). I would LOVE to spend some alone time with Jared again! I am glad that you had fun!