Friday, November 28, 2008

Tis The Season

Well, I have been waiting since last Christmas to put up my new tree. I got it at K-mart for $15. Mitch and my first christmas we got a real tree, and during the removal process, I spilled a lot of water on my brand new carpet. I was distraught and the next week I went out and bought a fake tree on clearance which was still about fifty dollars. It was a big one, to say the least, which was great when I didn't have three kids playing in the front room during the month it was up. It also had to have each branch put in each year.
THIS IS THE OLD ONE...IT REACHES FROM THE COUCH ALMOST TO THE TV CENTER.
The branch holding device broke last year, but my creative husband hooked me up good. So last year I was in the market for a new tree. I found this one with a strand of lights out(it's prelit another bonus), which Mitch fixed in about five minutes and we are off and running. It is probably a third the size, but I think it will be great. (Charee, I can't wait to see your new tree and fancy pics.)

3 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

loven it....it looks perfect in your living room and the price even better (way to go mitch on being the fix-it man) I am glad to see that you decorated it all the way to the floor! I will have to take a few pics and post of my three trees...it took us all day to get the house decorated.....three trees does mean more work for sure!

IT"S A WAY OF LIFE! said...

I love your blog!You do such a great job with it. Your family is so cute and growing super fast.
Cristina

Anonymous said...

Great tree and great deal! Sharee forced me to get my tree and decorations out. She actually did most of the decorating. I was being too bah humbug! But now I love it!