Thursday, February 11, 2021

Wrapping things up.

 Hudson was invited to the Cheatwood's to watch superbowl...maybe the mission president shouldn't know that.  The original plan was to watch it at the Newshams.  Unfortunately, David's health is still not doing well and he was not up for company.  Hudson and Elder Herrick had resolved to watch the game on the laptop at the church house, but the Cheatwood's made a better offer.  Hudson was able to enjoy more of their stuffed mushrooms, which he suggests become a staple at our parties.  They also served meatballs that were kind of sweet that he really liked.  

Transfers information was sent out Tuesday night.  It was a real shake up!  The district decided to spend all of P-day together.  They went to Columbia State Community College and played sand volleyball.  Hudson found out Hermana Peterson did not hand knit the scarf she gave him for Christmas, it was store bought.

Hudson missed Ellie's birthday.  I sent him a video of us singing and her blowing out the candles.  He sent her back a birthday wish.  


Hudson went to a restaurant where you put a pin where you are from.  He was the first from the Cache Valley area.  Hudson and Elder Herrick went in and out of Alabama a few times going out to an investigator in Minor Hill, TN.  Hudson said the area was beautiful and just what you would picture Tennessee to look like.  He feels bad he didn't spend more time in this area while he was there.  I told him I felt bad the Allen's worked so hard to get him across the Alabama state line.  The plus side to the Allen's hard work is they were out in the wood without any signs to take pictures with.   The GPS was telling them when they crisscrossed the border.

I might have chastised Hudson a bit for his new eating habits.  He said kind people had been giving them a lot of gift cards to fast food restaurants.  He is in love with Dairy Queens fried cheese curds.  He told me he only has eggs (which are supplied by members with chickens) and hot dogs in his fridge.  I told him to get to the store and buy some vegetables.  The next day he sent me a picture of his lunch.

Broccoli Omelet not as good as he thought it would be. 
and for dinner a pink Salmon filet with a side of spinach.

Then he sent me this...Doyce took him and Elder Herrick out to a prime rib dinner to the tune of $113.  I told him I hoped he thanked the man profusely.  Hudson said, "naturally, you didn't raise a savage mom."  I responded with, "no, but your dad raised a smart aleck."


No comments: