Thursday, February 4, 2021

A slow week

 I left the phone home with Ridge and McKinley while we went to Chevy's basketball game.  Ridge was very happy he got to talk to him.  McKinley took him out to the trailer and showed him the kitties.  

He says it has been a slow week.  He did some service for the women's shelter and has been eating out A LOT.  He has grown to love DQ's fried cheese curds.  He says his fridge right now consists of eggs, (they have multiple members with chickens that bring them over) and hot dogs.  I encouraged him to cook more and buy vegetables!!  His dad told him to enjoy it, while he could get away with it.  

He got involved in a Pday game of basketball and split his American Eagle denim pants.  He thinks he will ship them home with his records and see if I can patch them, again.  David Newsham has had multiple surgeries on his abdomen this week and is struggling.  Hudson thinks it is his liver from his moonshining days.  We will be praying for him a speedy recovery.  
Hudson got his care package that took 7 days to get to him.  I'm sure the homemade chocolate chip cookies I sent were not very good.  I forgot to include Lydia's journal and that package the post office got there in 3 days.  The post office is disgruntling at best.  Hudson tells me the dress sweater and leather belts fit great, but he most enjoyed the raspberry jam.

No comments: