Morning y'all saturday night, we met with a guy named peyton
buie, who is a bible theologist, we had a
really good dinner at Brass Lantern
with him and there was no bashing or anything like that it was super great
honestly. He brought his fiancee which he just proposed to at the start of the
year so that was fun as well. The most interesting thing though was the
fiancee. She was awesome, she was a basketball player Martin methodist, she was
really passionate about reading and Harry Potter, she was super attractive, she
was actually I think more interested and open to the Book of Mormon then
peyton. The only weird thing here then is their relationship. I dont mean to
call out my boy peyton but he kinda looks like Bubblebass, he even told us in
confidentiality that he "overpunted his coverage with her" I was
shocked to say the least😂😂😂 but
we gave him a Book of Mormon, he said he was interested but I think his issue
will be having an open heart.
A couple days ago , on facebook, I stumbled into the lady
who runs a shelter here in town and we talked for a bit and I asked if we could
help and she got so excited, she said missionaries had helped before but they
hadn't been around since. So we said we were glad to come help and we scheduled
a time. Well we pulled up at the address and it's a massive and beautiful
plantation home, with the words "the shelter" I was so confused. But
so we get in there and just see offices, the whole time I'm looking for the
cute puppies and kitties but I'm just seeing a normal looking office house. So
we get inside and a lady comes walking down the stairs super cheerful, super
friendly, and she welcomes us and stuff, as shes talking she says "here's
the children's room, they're doing a case management in there right now"
it all clicked that this was a women's shelter, which is awesome! I'm sorry
puppies and kitties, but dealing with people may be a little more important.
But so we go up to the office and we talk to the other lady, get a background
for the whole program, set a service schedule, and then we get a tour of the
house. She was telling us when they originally got the home, it was a ghost house
and they had inmates come renovate it. She was saying she had to deal with
inmates hitting on her for 3 months but it was worth it. The house was
beautiful the inmates did a wonderful job. But they dont recieve any federal
funding, besides the acquisition of that original house, everything is
volunteer and it's all supported by a boutique store called crossroads. The
store is basically a high end women's goodwill, it's what they use to fund the
victims as well. So we drove out there to help a little bit, they werent really
expecting us so there wasnt much to do. Next week though we are going to help
at the actual shelter, we have to sign some confidentiality forms to know where
it is, exciting exciting.


No comments:
Post a Comment