Thursday, January 14, 2021

Changes

We are only 2 weeks into the change of only calling on P-Day and I am not liking it!  Last night Hudson actually "forgot" to call.  It is good he is doing so well not to think of home...but I don't want him to forget about us.  Hudson said that they had been so busy and had more appointments lined up today.  Brother Bond was driving them to Pulaski since they were over half way through their miles and it was only January 13.  They had five appointments set up.  One being a patriotic Grandpa and another a husband of a member.  He was hoping to get in on some good food while they were there as well.  The Linden elders have a contact that they have been teaching.  The contact was bragging up how good he had been feeding the elders and they that they should rub that in the other Elder's face.  Hudson simply said there was no way their mystery meatloaf and bag of rice was in comparison to Mexican Chicken at the Cheatwoods.

For P-Day the missionaries had another soccer game.  Hudson's first experience was not so great.  He kept wanting to grab the ball and he boxed out the Hermana's.  Too much football and basketball ingrained on his mind.  He came home with some stellar grass stains on his garment leg.  He asked how to clean them.  I gave him step by step instructions of how I cleaned his football pants for years.  He said he was surprised, but it worked and they were as good as new.  So proud to pass on laundry tips to my son.

Hudson says Lydia only has one lesson to go.  She is scheduled to get baptized on January 23, 2021.  Hudson is planning to play Vincent by Don McLean on the piano while she is getting dressed.  I suggested a hymn.  He said this would sound better.  He found a "Best of the 1970's"  songbook at the Linden's Elders house.  Since neither of them could read sheet music they said he could take it home.  He pulled all 300 pages apart, hole punched them and put them in a binder.  I thought that was an excellent use of his time.  In his spare time he has also memorized the First Vision.

Hudson invited me to join a Zoom meeting for the mission and investigators Sunday night.  It was crazy to see that many missionaries on the screen.  Over 165 people were connected.  The mission president and his wife made some comments at the end about the sacrifice the 240 missionaries are making to bring the gospel to this area.  They sounded very appreciative and heartfelt.

Hudson has started working with a tech deck.  I have to say I'm very sorry for his companion.

A little tidbit Hudson saw on Facebook.  I told him the world makes sense now.


No comments: