Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ok, so he is right...SOMETIMES!!!

When I was pregnant with our second child, Mitch told me what a mistake we were making. He said that it would be so much easier if we only had one. When that one child was asleep they all would be asleep, no fighting in the backseat of the car, no quarreling over who got the biggest piece of pie, no one telling the other that they were singing to loudly, and most of all only one child to have our complete attention all the time. Well, I talked him out of all of these reasons, now that we have three I might not have made as good of points as I thought that I had. Throughout this last week, I have to admit, that on more than one occasion I wished (for only a few minutes at a time) that I only had one child. Yes, we have had the STOMACH BUG!!! Cleaning puked filled beds in the middle of the night was not what I had hoped motherhood to be. I know you have to take the good with the bad, or in this case the downright gross. The only thing that put me over the top was that I had it to. I am sure many of you out there know how hard it is to scrape bedspreads clean while you want to upchuck yourself. Well, as my mother would say...This too shall pass... and I will be so happy that I have three beautiful kids to blow me kisses and tell me that I am the best mom in the whole world. Hope that you stay well!!

3 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

uggg, so sorry that it just has gotten worse. hope that things start looking up! i hate the barfs!

kaTie said...

hey Molly - let me know if there's anything you need!!

Heidi said...

Oh goodness! I never miss it if we don't get the barfs. Your right nothing worse than cleaning up puke!!