Thursday, July 1, 2021

Short Call

 While at swimming lessons I was taking my phone out of my pocket.  I somehow dialed Hudson on Google Duo.  Of course I immediately hung up, whoops.  When he got done playing pickleball he called.  He was worried something was wrong since I called.  I apologized profusely and told him I don't know what happened to get in two screens and dial him?  We were in the car on our way home from the grocery store.  He was at the church using the "library".  It was a small room with a desk, laptop, two hymn books, and a copy machine.  He was copying a piano book of Connie's that was titled Popular Songs. It was, however, very simplified.  He updated me on Buck telling the missionaries he was happy to study the bible, but didn't want to work towards baptism.  He had a lesson with Chelsea.  Her husband went to jail for killing their child, yikes.  She recently quit smoking since she is working towards her baptism in July and he was headed to her house to do a quit smoking campaign.  Nicole, who Presdient Gilday helped so much and already was baptized, has returned to her ex-boyfriend.  He blocked all the missionaries numbers and slandered them on Facebook.  The new branch President now always takes shots at the missionaries when they discuss investigators.  He feels Nicole wasn't ready.  Problem is, no missionaries that baptized her are in the area anymore.  It makes Hudson feel bad and very skeptical to bring more people to baptism.  He is feeling much better from whatever illness he had.

Our call was cut very short, and he didn't have time to call me back later.  Sad Mom face inserted here.

No comments: