Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Future

I messaged Hudson and told him all the places I needed to be last night.  He took my hint and called in the morning.  That boy gets me most of the time.  Ridge was excited to show him the pictures he had been drawing.  McKinley showed him how bad her sunburn was peeling.  Chevy commiserated how awful the P-Hill run was on Monday morning, before he left for work at the firework warehouse.  Ellie was happy to sit and chat with the two of us.

I brought up the deadline for his application to get in to the aviation Fall 2022 class was due June 20.  He has worked things out through his head and has decided he will not skip the last transfer.  He will be released September 21, 2022 and start school Spring of 2023 at SUU.  Pending of course more changes in his mind during the next 14 months.  He wants me to make sure his scholarship hold gets extended and get him the deadline to enter his application for that semester.  No pressure on his mom.  He tells me he has learned in the mission field to push out of his mind the things he can't change.  Schooling being one of them.  He has however been thinking about his future. He wants me to save him a place to build in the field, so I can watch his children while he and his wife travel the world on the airlines free family flights.  Silly boy...

I told Hudson the local missionaries came to visit us.  They biked to our house from Preston.  Hudson said that is impressive, but what a waste of the use of their time.  He went on his phone and showed me the area planner missionaries use to track who they teach what to.  It also shows different ward information, but does not give a lot of description about a person.  I told him that must be why they did not know he was a missionary or that I was primary president.  That information might be useful to missionaries to know going into homes.

The last great news is his wart is shrinking on his elbow!  Maybe the fingernail clippers and wart freeze will work after all.

No comments: