Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Goodbye President Gilday (Hudson Email week 38)

 This week has been kind of sad, pres gilday has been preparing to move and we've been helping him do that, we had a last supper with him yesterday. Our transfers are coming up and a switch is kind of imminent so that's disheartening. Me and norton have been through 3 transfers, hopefully there will be a fourth

 We've been able to finish the fence at Connie's and we put up some pretty intense electrical wire, it was a lot more powerful then I thought, I grabbed norton and grounded it out through him and I thought my shoulder blades were sprouting wings, it really hurt, it will suffice to keep her horse in.




Tennessee has been beautiful these last few weeks. Its been spring and so much water has been coming down. The vegetation is just a solid wall on the side of the road, it's very green and super vibrant. All the vegetation has created an irrational fear of snakes/spiders/allthecreepycrawlingthingsthatwillbiteandpoisonme. 

But other than that I've really enjoyed the southern spring, the humidity is bad in the afternoon, but after the sun goes down the humidity has this cooling feel and it feels so good, I now understand what Glen Campbell was getting at while singing "southern nights"



No comments: