Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Final Summer Excursion

We decided to spend the day on the other side of the mountain today. We spent some much needed relaxing time in the sand and water. The kids had a blast getting filthy and swimming. Then we drove up to Minnetonka cave and braved the hike in. I was so impressed with how good all of the kids did. Hudson seemed to enjoy it, but I didn't realize how well he was listening until he basically recited the tour for my sister. He remembered all of the facts and names. I think he might be ready to get back to some formal education. I took this picture just after the tour guide told us about the amount of bats that hibernate in the cave. Chevy was nervous about seeing all of them. We were glad that there was only one sleeping on the ceiling and that no pack rats came to join our tour, another scary notion from the tour guide.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We tried to go to minatonka cave this summer too but it was way to busy. It's kinda a bummer to know summer has came to an end. Before we know it
Christmas will be here!!! Yikes