Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Men at Work (Hudson Email Week 24)

This week was almost straight service, between the end of last week and this week we've done prolly 15 hours of service and more than 10 were on Connie's farm. She is a wonderful old woman teach and she cracks me up, I'll have some pictures and videos of her and her COLORFUL farm. We did just about everything out there it's been awesome to actually do work stuff. We have the likens family on date and we've had some really good lessons with them. 
This Paso Fino horse is not very well trained.  It lays its ears back and spins around just before it kicks at you.  She also has 4 goats, 3 dogs and about 14 sheep.

But Connie has definitely been the highlight of the week, shes an amazing pianist. She was singing and playing and it was very entertaining! She plays using chords and a melody, I would like her to teach me, its definitely different. I told her I could only play sheet music so she got some for me, she put up the sheet music for "Memory" from cats and just told me to start playing, so I did. I played alright but Connie was the star of the show by far. She started singing and it threw me so off guard. She was amazing, I was on the baby grand it she was singing super high, I felt like I was on Broadway! Definitely not what I was expecting going into her home. 

After the short musical I was looking through her other sheet music and found some type wrote applications from 1962 applying for musical talent at universities and stuff, idk much about that education but the stuff was legit. I may have to try and snag some stuff shes got a 100 songs from the 60s that would really compliment my 100 songs from the 70s book😏
We also had a weird experience with service, I felt like I was playing slenderman.. we helped this lady try and find her laptop... her ex husband had kept coming back to the house and stealing/wrecking stuff so there was all these random burn piles and he hid the laptop on the property, idk I was on edge and sketched the entire time... very sad and sketchy situation.Trevor is the young man running though the Lafayette branch church house.  Hudson is playing the piano in the background.






The boys splurged on a shrimp cocktail.  Hudson wanting to savor his only ate a few and put the rest in the fridge for later.  The problem was he took too long to finish them and had to throw a few away.  Next time he says he is just going to binge on them.

No comments: