
Yes, just as
Martin Luther King Jr. said, I have a dream. When I was a younger, every
Christmas we got to count down to
Santa with an advent calendar. My mother, the craftiest of all I know,

made this and every pocket held a tree ornament and a letter(around the tree it would spell out MERRY CHRISTMAS) for us to take turns putting on. I remember switching the ornaments to get the one

that I wanted, and inevitable my siblings would switch them back. Well last year I asked my mom if I could use the old calendar. She gave me that look that only a mother can. "Do you remember what it looks like?" she asked. It had

been about fifteen years since I had seen it so I will admit I was a little shocked when I pulled it out. I do not remember it being LIFE SIZE. Also, several of the ornaments were a little worse for wear and the letters were

demolished. I have spent that last year contemplating how to revamp my own advent calendar to make such great memories for my kids. It has taken a lot of time, ideas, and
unneeded materials to make the finished product. I must admit, I am happy with the results. It is much smaller and I made it magnetic. My mom' s had
Velcro on every ornament which constantly was pulling off and she had to
re glue. We have only been using it for two days(I put on all the ornaments so you could get the full effect) and so far the boys are doing the same things my brothers and sister did. I think that it will be a great memory maker.
4 comments:
Molly I'm so proud! I still have to admit the old calendar kicked butt but this one looks just as good. Can you make one for me too? I'm excited to make doughnuts tomorrow. Love ya sis
Okay, so Molly I didn't know that you can pretty much do anything! After reading your blog- you need to give me a few lessons, from making bread to sewing this cute advent calendar! How cute!
I absolutly love this christmas calander. You did such a great job. I love to count down the days until christmas. I have a calander but like you said the velcro keep falling off so I might have to copy you and make me a magnetic one great idea! I will have to talk to you later about it...
That is so cute! You are so talented. I'm usually content to sit back and see what cute things other people come up with and "dream" that I could make one too. Good job!
Post a Comment